Sign in to follow this  
Barry

Rabid (2019)

spacer.png

Plot: What happens when you realize that to achieve your dreams you have to live a nightmare? Rose is a quiet, demure, unassuming woman in her looks and actions. Her dream is to become a famous designer in the fashion world, but a terrible accident leaves Rose scarred beyond recognition. She seeks out a radical untested stem cell treatment. The treatment is nothing short of a miracle and wallflower Rose turns into the belle of the ball. It all seems to good to be true. She is now everything she wanted to be. But everything in life comes at a price and this new found perfect life is no exception.

Please login or register to see this link.

Genres: Horror | Sci-Fi

Rabid.2019.HDRip.XviD.AC3-EVO

• Thanks 3

spacer.png

XMLdeFm.gif

Thank you, Barry.  Thinking this might be a remake of the 1977 film with Marilyn Chambers, I was pleasantly surprised by a very different story that contained several of the elements found in the original.  The Soska Sisters have directed some impressive horror movies, with 2012’s American Mary being an all-time favorite of mine.  They even appeared briefly in the club segment, trash-talking Laura Vandervoort who played the main character.  Significant amount of bloodshed throughout, as was to be expected from the Soskas.  Although my preference would have been to end at the 100-minute mark, instead of adding to the conclusion with a sequence that has been done multiple times before, this was still another solid effort from the Sisters.  Definitely worth checking out at least once.  Best regards, Dana

• Like 2